Saturday, March 24, 2007

March 24th, 3007 take two ...


1.) What was it that originally put you on your spirtual Path?


Avatar: In '71-'72 I discovered what were called 'Jesus People' or the 'Jesus Freaks' while in high shool. In the first meeting I felt an elevation and a passion triggered within me that drove my search.


Beamer: See this is weird, because at just about the same time, maybe '73, I came across an operation called College Life. (I just found out my wife went to it as well.) I thought it was a pretty neat place where people were discussing religous stuff, without it being like church. There, I became a born again Christian and really started to question things around me like the Heavens and God and such.


2.) Do you believe in fate?


Avatar: Define what you mean by 'fate'. See 'Karma'.


Beamer: I would like to believe that fate helped bring Mr. Mundie and I together the first time and has kind of joined our forces again here.


3.) What do you think of Karma?


Avatar: The meaning of karma is action. All actions createre actions. What fate we have is karma, on both 'individual' and the 'collective' level, playing itself out.


Beamer: I never have been able to come up with a succint answer to this mysterious force of nature. I totally belive in it, though. If you really pay attention, you can see it come into play.

I think a lot of spiritual advancement is just that, paying attention.


4.) Have you ever met someone which helped you on your spirtual path at times of facing obstacles which appeared to be blocking your way?


Avatar: There have been nudges from people who come into my life for a time. The only real obstacles I've ever encountered in my journey have been my own ego-dramas. However, there have been unseen helpers, teachers and friends... some would call them angels.


5.) Or have you always made your way without running into obstacles on your Spirtual Journey?


Avatar:Lack of obstacles means that you either haven't started or you have arrived. The Journey is a process of 'letting go'. Letting go of our grasping attempts to control, and learning to submit, in humility, to the Higher Power that is the core and source of all Being.


Beamer: To me. it has always been like finding a locked door and then having to find the key to unlock that door. (For me, there are some many things about the spirtual journey which are hard to put into words.) Some keys are very easy for me to find, others have taken in all actuallity years to find, I guess I wasn't looking for the key or staring at the door till I found the key. Some folks call these the "Aha" Moments. I just kind of slap my self upside the forehead and say, "Why, of course. Makes perfect sense Now." I love those moments on the spiritual Path.


6.) Do you ever see your self not advancing spirtually?


Avatar: Simple answer...no.


Beamer: I concour.


7.) Do you feel love to be an important part of your spirtual Journey and growth?


Avatar: Love is the Passion of 'Being'. How could it not be?


8.) What did you or do you still feel about the Yahoo spirituality message board? Have any feelings towards it's change in format?


Aavatar: I prefer the old format. The current format is a very poor shadow of the previous format. I've complained to Yahoo about a half dozen times...but multimillion dollar corporations don't really notice such things unless there is big money at stake. My feelings about the new format can be summed up as, "it sux!"

No comments: