Monday, July 7, 2008

Pro Peace for sure ...

"I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there." -- Mother Theresa

It says so much in such a simple statement. Anti any thing is a negative approach. Pro Peace is such a wonderful thought. Especially if you take it out of context "Pro Peace". A professional at peace. There needs to be many more Mother Theresas in this world. The mind set you'd have to develop, it would be so refreshing. At least to me.

But Just a pro peace rally. Why hasn't it ever happened? I can't think of one. Sop I googled Pro peace. I wasn't surprised by the results:

* Someone selling Pro peace Bumper stickers are Bumper Stickers actually against Our President Bush.

* Then there is the website devoted to naming THE ANTI-WAR PRO-PEACE CANDIDATES. Apparently they never heard of Mother Theresa.

* A site promoting A global calendar of pro-peace and anti-racism protests, meetings, benefits, and conferences. Yet, you get into the site past the cute label and its all about Major Upcoming Anti-War Protests - Upcoming Anti-War & Anti-Racism Events. It might have a chance if Only they too had heard of Mother Theresa.

After that there is a lot of talk about Conflict Israel Faces and the peace sign, then it just starts getting weird.

Nothing about a real Pro Peace Rally, The Kind that Mother Theresa would have gone to.

Too Bad.

No comments: