Thursday, April 17, 2008

more on the house in Oildale

I was asked If I ever did any research on the house that I lived in that had some strange goings on (haunted). I was hoping to not have to explain why I left there, other than the obvious (things that go bump in the night, literally)

I'm wondering weather I need to be politically correct here. I am doubting that the lady I rented from is still alive all these years later and doubt that she has Internet access. I could be wrong ...

Ok, this woman that we rented from was bizzare herself. She lived in the garage. she had this huge pile of clothes (We are talking a good 5 feet tall) in one side of the garage. She ran a tax service from her garage. She had a freezer and I think a copier/ printer that she used for her business. She ran an extension cord from our house to the garage for the power to run these items. One time, I actually interrupted her when she apparently had a client in the garage.

A few weeks after we moved into the house, she built a tall wooden fence across the back yard a few feet from the back door. There was a gate with a lock on it. Actually the fence was built by her sons. Shortly after the fence went up, there was a terrible odor. What they tried to do was to tie into the sewer service and attach a toilet, I called the health department on them. We moved out before I ever heard what happened with that.

She was a huge woman. She wasn't very tall, but very round. She waddled when she walked. She always wore a moomoo dress. When I gave her notice that we were going to move out, she asked me if I was trying to give her a heart attack. She loved my kids and my wife (which I found rather an odd thing to say) and why would I try to take them from her. She knew that she and I didn't see Eye to eye on things (she got very upset when she was first contacted by the health department). She didn't like it that I kept telling her about the weird things that happened in the house. (she never could offer an explanation) She thought I made some of the stuff up.

So when we had the chance to get the hell out of there, we didn't look back. I haven't even driven by the place. It was just to bizzare a location to deal with.

No comments: