Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The lights

When I left and moved out of the house in Oildale, I was full of supernatural hocus pocus. I didn't want to see it, hear about it, taste it, or anything else. I was in desperate need of a break from anything that didn't have an explanation.

So just a few days after we had moved into our new apartment, my lovely wife came to me with a very strange event. She had seen lights.

These lights were about the size of flashlight bulbs, probably 15 or 20 of them, just floating, suspended in mid air. They had a bit of a fog or a haze around them and were probably about 4 feet across and tall, almost round in their arrangement. They weren't up against the wall but a couple of feet from it, actually about a 90 degree angle to the wall, almost blocking her path to the living room. They were slowly moving up and down in unison, floating in the hallway.

I told her I didn't care, I couldn't handle it right then. I was sorry, but my brain was fried with these sort of things. A month later I came to her with what I thought was a plausible explanation, at least in my eyes. A month later I was thinking about the lights again, and realized that my explanation made no sense at all. I told her they were head lights from a car in the parking lot. But they weren't superimposed on the wall, they were separate of the wall, they were a group of small lights, not two huge beams of light. They were, uhm, lacking explanation. It only took me about 6 months to finally accept that fact. Luckily she only saw the lights the one time and I never saw them at all, at least not in the hallway.

No comments: