Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The big Picture

"Yes, thank God, we don't get the big picture all at once."

I posted that back in October of 2001 on Yahell. Perhaps you are wondering what I was talking about.

My spiritual Journey would sometimes take a great leap forward where I learned much knowledge and gained so much insight into what was going on at the time or something to that effect. I loved it when that happened. Sometimes I referred toi this as getting slapped upside the head by God.

Sometimes though it wasn't a happy time when this happened, the Loss of both of my parents for instance. The death of my father after years of suffering with cancer, years later, my mother passing away within 48 hours of going into the hospital with a blood clot. I learned a boat load form each of these events.

Also with the message board at Yahoo, I sometimes would learn a great deal with a conversation I was involved in or witnessing conversations others were engaged in. At times, it was awe inspiring. Great huge amounts of spiritual wisdom was gathered and spread about through the message board and then without warning Yahell would come through and with out warning delete this great collection of spiritual wealth and understanding.

But through all this, knowledge gathered, As a snowball rolling down hill in the snow, gaining size and strength. Slowly putting the pieces together and filling in some of the blanks. Even when I didn't realize that there were blanks or pieces needed to fill the puzzle.

Then other times, waiting and wondering if I was ever going to advance at all. Used to drive me nuts at times. Then when I had almost given up, quit trying so hard to advance spiritually, again the doors would open up, so to speak and I was allowed to advance just a tad bit further. So in that I learned ever so slowly that to advance sometimes, one needs to not try to advance. That and I learned about if its meant to be.

But that is another post.

2 comments:

Mike Golch said...

God does have a way of getting our attention after all.

Beamer said...

Yes indeed. I just prefer the subtle kick in the butt to the full on open slap on the side of the head.

Beamer